Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi Chas, I also have a top loading maytag centennial washer

Hi Chas,

I also have a...
Hi Chas,

I also have a top loading maytag centennial washer model mvwc400xw. It was working fine, but for the last 2 weeks it stopped spinning the clothes well enough. They are always sopping wet at the end of a cycle. I've been turning the knob to "drain and spin" which works fine. So, it is able to spin, it seems able to drain ok. It's just not doing it all by itself like it used to, with me having to do the extra step of turning the knob at the end of a cycle to also run the "drain and spin". Any ideas? Thanks Chas!
9/9/2013
Thank you for requesting my services today, the problem you are having with the washing machine, seems to be very common anymore, I am seeing it just about everyday working on the road and online for this service. Nine times out 10 it is the shift actuator, which is very easy to replace, the other one time is the CCU causing this problem, never let an expert or tech tell you to replace both of them, this is just a waste of money. To order the shift actuator click on the blue link below. On the same page as ordering the part, there is also a video you can watch on how to change it, Takes me all of 10 minutes to replace.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Glen,
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?

Hi Chas,

Thanks for the advice! I've ordered the part and I will hopefully have it this weekend. I'll update you after I install the part to let you know if that worked or not.

Regards,

Glen

Glen,
Thanks for the update. I am 90% sure this will fix your problem...

Hi Chas,

An update on this Maytag washer. I replaced the shift actuator like you recommended and it worked for about 6 loads of laundry. Now it's back to not doing the final spin at the end of a cycle. It does the spin after draining the water from the wash cycle, but it doesn't do the final spin after draining at the end of the rinse cycle. Do you think that I installed a bad shift actuator? Maybe there's a way I can run a diagnostic test for the CCU. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Chas.

Thanks, Glen

Glen,
Did you run a calibration routine on the unit after you installed the new shifter?

No, but I did follow the installation video. There was no instruction on how to run a calibration routine on the unit. Can you let me know how that is done, or maybe a link to a video?

Thanks,

Glen

Here is the tech sheet, get into diagnostics and then run the calibration routine, then we can go from there

Click here for the manual

Hi Chas,

Sorry, but when I click on the link for the manual, it will not allow me to access the document. Is there some other way I can view that?

Thanks,

Glen

Try clicking on it now that same link.

Got it, Thanks Chas. I just ran the calibration routine and will see if that resolves the problem during my next wash cycle. If not, I'll run some diagnostics from the tech sheet.

I'll let you know if I still have the problem after I do these things.

Works for me!!!!

Hi Chas,

Ok, the calibration routine didn't do anything, it still doesn't go automatically into the final spin. I ran the fault code display mode and it shows " (F7E6) Motor Fault: indicates an open clockwise or counterclockwise circuit of the motor.

Could that mean that shift actuator went kaput again or maybe it's something else?

Thanks again,

Glen

Motor fault is a bad motor, check your wiring connections to the motor itself.

Thanks Chas, do you think this is the shifter motor or the PSC motor? If its the shifter motor I can just get another shift actuator.

Thanks Chas,

Glen

I think it is the PSC motor
from the error code you give
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician