Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag front load washer, one of the, paddles for

I have a Maytag front load washer, one of the, paddles for want of a better word, inside the washer came loose. It pulled clothing into the hole under the paddle. At that point the drum was stuck. I managed to pull the clothing out and the drum now moves. How do I resecure the paddle??
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is going to be a major problem. There is supposed to be a screw that comes in from the outside of the inner tub holding the paddle so that it can't be removed which means that the entire outer tub needs to be split apart and the inner tub removed in order to do this. This is a half day project and likely something you will need a technician for. You can try to push the paddle in place toward the front and then slide it back and that will get it into place if nothing is broken, but without the screw coming from the outside, it will likely fall off again.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I can describe the situation to the technician, what are those parts called?

That is just called the "baffle" in the washer.