Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I purchased a kenmore elite french door refrigerator with bottom

Customer Question

I purchased a kenmore elite french door refrigerator with bottom freezer and the display panel has ER 15 displaying. What could be the cause and is there a quick fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

That number 15, could that be IF maybe or 2 other letters?

Thanks,

Barry

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it reads er 15, possibly er IS?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Diana, I believe you are right because all of the other error codes that I have are letters. I do not have any information at all on that error. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging after 5 minutes?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, unplugging it only fixes issue temporarily but then after 15-20 mins the same error message displays.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
I understand, I will relist your question for all techs to review. As soon as someone can help they will pick right up where I left off.

Thanks,
Barry
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is Kelly and I look forward to helping you! The error IS means that the icing sensor on the evaporator is shorted or open and will need to be replaced. That part is located behind the cover at the back of the freezer, inside the freezer section. That part is shown as number 401A in the diagram below. The correct part for your model is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Controller Assembly <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!