Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a whirlpool electric ceramic top convection range.Yesterday

We have a whirlpool electric ceramic top convection range.Yesterday we were using the convection oven and it overheated and when we tried to turn it off it would not shut down until I unplugged it. This has happened twice now. What is the problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you tried to turn the oven off---did the display act like you turned it off? Or would it not responds at all to any button you pushed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there was an audible sound but did not show a new display when we pushed the cancil button

OK so there is only one thing that would cause that problem and that is the display control board itself. You've already tried to unplug the unit to reset the issue and the problem returned, so the entire display control board would need to be ordered and replaced to solve this problem I'm afraid to say.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The cooktop works ok so I assume that just the range is controlled by the control panel?

That is correct, yes. The cooktop isn't controlled by the display board at all.