Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 1B650SS ice maker KIM450 relay willnot work on this

I have a 1B650SS ice maker KIM450 relay willnot work on this compressor.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The capacitor on that unit is likely a run capacitor and not necessary to use. If you can please double check that model number I can verify that for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the model #of the ice maker is 1B650ss the serial number is XXXXX the part # XXXXX the start relay(current) is 184S-8.

Thank you. I found it, the model is actually IB650SS made by Edgestar. Sorry for the confusion. That compressor is one that actually does require a start capacitor. The parts breakdown do not list a replacement relay, but you could install a generic starter with the start capacitor included, available below. The parts information is below, too.

Generic Start Kit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE START KIT

Parts Breakdown <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE MANUFACTURER PARTS INFORMATION

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!