Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Good morning, my Blomberg 35240 has decided to stop working.

Customer Question
It started by going into...
Good morning, my Blomberg 35240 has decided to stop working. It started by going into draining mode without me triggering it and now it has stopped working.

I switch it off and it comes back on the dispay with 1F (IF), all flashes quickly, shows 1F (IF) again, display goes dark and that's it.

Basically looking for error codes on that model (from Canada BTW).

Thank you.

Francois
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/8/2013
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

That is a leak code, you need to remove the lower panel and check the basin under the unit for a leak. There is a flood protection system that activates when the sensor is tripped underneath by water. you may have a broken hose or bad pump but you would have to find the leak and dry out all the water to get it working again.

Thank you. When you mention the front panel, I assume you mean the panel behind the decorative panel correct? There is a first panel I removed but there is no basin under the unit. I assume the basin is within the unit, at the bottom. I need to open the bottom part of the unit (4 torx screws), right?

Yes exactly

Hello. Thank you.

There is no basin under the unit and there is no sign of water. Are you sure about the code meanings?

Also, I explored with the panel and holding the program selection button while turning on sets the unit into 5F which seems to be a bypass where you can select the mode (rinse, crystal, normal, etc..) as if not in an error situation. It then always gets into a draining mode and never stops until I open the unit.

Filling the unit and doing this above, shows that draining works fine. Water all comes out and no leaking happens under.

Net, I suspect a floater issue (sensor catching there is no more water to drain).

Francois

There should be a float on the left hand side under the unit. This is just like a Bosch dishwasher. Look under the unit on the left hadn side for a float with a red lever post attached to it.

Sorry, I opened the unit and the float is not a separate part, it is within the drain unit at the bottom.

I contacted a shop and the error code is something else in the end. Electronics related. Parts are ordered.

I think we need to let this one go and go for a refund please.

I will let customer service know, I have not received any payment and will not on this one.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician