Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

profile refrig model PDS0MBS, serial #FM04137 power is off

profile refrig model PDS0MBS, serial...
profile refrig model PDS0MBS, serial #FM04137

power is off (lights are on) and temp in freezer is 37. Pushed turbo cool button, nothing happened.

HELP
9/8/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

The PDS part tells me it is a bottom freezer but there are 2 numbers missing after that part. Could you get those 2 numbers from the small sticker in the fresh food section please?

Thanks,
Barry

pds20sbsblss

Thank you Linda, are the digits on the display showing up as normal digits or are there letters in there or nothing at all?

Thanks,
Barry

digiits in freezer display are correct, now reading 40. refrig display says tc.

something new. the motor just went on--we think its the motor noise--, and there is cool air comingfrom the climate keeper.

Okay hang on a few minutes and let me see if that TC is an error code.

Thanks,
Barry

okay

Linda I am not seeing a TC anywhere. Is that only showing in one display?

Is it showing T and C in each display or is it alternating between numbers and letters?

How long was your refrigerator off?

Thanks,
Barry

there is a tc in the refrig display, freezer is still displaying 40 degrees.

I don't know how long it was off. the temp started getting higher this afternoon. we just noticed tonight that it was really high.

Understood thanks. I'm still looking for that error, pull out the crisper drawer is there water under that drawer?

Barry

its dry

TC is turbo cool. Not an error I was looking at the wrong list. I know what is wrong, give me a little time to upload some images for you and to type what to do to fix it. This will happen again without the repair.

Thanks,
Barry

is it something that can be fixed without a service call?

It is not a complicated repair, splice 2 wires by following the instructions. Really it is simple the most difficult part is getting into the freezer and doing it, the being cramped in a small space part. Be sure to unplug the power cord from the wall outlet if you do this job. And also you can find the part online for around $9.00, I posted a link below

Inside the freezer attached to the coils on the top behind the rear wall is a sensor. What it does is tell the main control board that the defrost is over and it is time to start cooling again. It is about to break completely. Its held on by a metal retainer and sometimes you have to actually follow the white wires to find it but its right there. That is what is causing the problem. The board reads that thermistor along with the door opening and closings to determine when and how long to defrost. It is wearing out and sending incorrect data to the board so the board is not defrosting correctly, defrosting too long. Its not an expensive part. I have it linked below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/WR55X10025/914093?RCAID=1000064

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGES Scroll down a little and you can see the images of the sensor location and how to install the new one. Click the images to make them larger.

If you have any questions at all about anything please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Barry

Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician

my husband and I are not very handy and right now we don't have a part, so we will have to call a repairman. thanks for your help. do we owe money?

No Linda you folks do not owe me anything. I will tell you though if you rate my service ok or better I do get paid from the deposit you made.

If you would like to refund and felt my service was of no help please contact customer service. Thank you for the opportunity. You and your Husband have a very nice rest of the weekend.

Thanks,
Barry

thanks. no, we don't want a refund. we just happen to be klutzes. your time, though, is certainly worth something. I will rate you as being helpful. thanks, again.

Linda

Thank you Linda, if it happens you think of something about your refrigerator you would like to ask please do. I expect to be out one day this month, not sure what day that is yet but I know of one upcoming. I will have my phone that day so I will be slow but I always reply. Save this page to your favortes/bookmarks and post anytime in the near future. I will reply.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician