Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a Maytag Washer Model LAT5514AAE serial 13064193QB.

The fuse near the lid...
Hello, I have a Maytag Washer Model LAT5514AAE serial 13064193QB. The fuse near the lid switch is blown. The replaced fuse blew as soon as the washer was turned on. Washer appears to have a short. What things to look at? George
9/7/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

George,

9 times out of 10, the lid switch itself causes the fuse to blow, that is why it is recommended that it be replaced anytime the fuse is blown out.. Cost to repair this problem is about $30.00, you can click on the blue link below to order a replacement for your washer.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Is is necessary to replace the entire assembly? What is on the assembly besides the switch itself? I tested the switch with ohm meter and the open side is always closed.

thanks George

There should be 2 switches on it, one is a safety switch and if both make contact at the same time it blows the fuse immediately.

Thanks Chas, I found the assembly locally. I'm headed there. I'll let you know how it goes.

George

no problem

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Chas, Thank you. Assembly is in and adjusted, washer is working. Tested each area of the cycle/timer switch, all is working. You were the help I needed.

Thanks Again

George

Glad I was able to help, Enjoy the weekend
Chas
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician