Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My refrigerator is freezing stuff on the non-freezer side,

despite set on the lowest...
My refrigerator is freezing stuff on the non-freezer side, despite set on the lowest number so I stopped putting anything, like fruit or vegetables in it. It's a GE I think, but I can check, about 10 years old. The freezer side, separate left door, works great. Why is the regular non-freezer side freezing when it should not?
9/7/2013
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!

Appl-Tech :

The problem you are having with your refrigerator freezer stuff in the food section is the cold air control damper is stuck in the open position. It is supposed to open and close to control the temp in the food section.

Appl-Tech :

click on link for picture of the part

Appl-Tech :

if you replace that part, that should fix your problem

Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Hi Sam,
I thought I would follow up on how your fridge is doing. Were you able to get it working?
If you have any questions about other appliances in the future, you can save my direct link to ask.
Here it is if you ever need it.
I would be happy to help you out with any appliance question!

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-appl-tech/

Thanks for using JA

I called American Home Shield but a repairman has not contacted me yet for an appt. Do you know anyone who could come out here?

american Home shield is a warranty company.They shouold have their own people to come out ant fix it. Otherwise, just google "appliance repair near "your city" and you should have a number of service contractors that you can call. Just ask them for their most experienced tech. I recently called out Best Buys Geek Squard for my TV, he told me that some of their service techs on placed on the road with 2 days of training!
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician