Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

jenn air side by side wont dispense water. filter changed.

jenn air side by side...
jenn air side by side won't dispense water. filter changed. ice maker appears to be working normal. some food stuffs beginning to freeze that didn't freeze before with no changes to temp control.
9/5/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Thanks,
Barry

model # XXXXX

Thanks Larry, feel around the vent at the top of the fresh food section. Can you feel air seeping through there where that part meets the rear wall?

Down below and behind the crispers is a water tank. Bend a line a little, can you hear it crack like there is ice in it?

Thanks,
Barry

OK. There is air movement from the part at the top.

The water tank is frozen solid and the line also cracks as you described.

Inside temp is 41 as measured with a thermometer.

That vent snaps off along the bottom edge to the left, center and right, it is arrowed red in the image. Take that part off. Behind that are screws that hold that part tight to the wall. Are those screws loose?

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE AND SCROLL DOWN.

Thanks,
Barry

screws are not loose. the square vent door behind the vented panel appears to be wide open.

Hmmm, if not already raise the fresh food temperature to the warmest setting and close the door for 2 minutes then look. Did that vent close?

Thanks,
Barry

46 is the highest number it will reach with turning it OFF. after 2 minutes the door remained stationary.

Okay go ahead and set it back to normal when you are ready. There is a document I am going to need to scan and upload so you can run a test. It will take me a few minutes to do that.

Thanks,
Barry

set to 38

Thanks Larry, grab the file and run service test 121. Will the door open and close if you run that test?

CLICK HERE FOR FILE

Thanks,
Barry

no movement of the door with test 121

my keypad has arrows rather than + and -

I understand, it is a base manual for many styles. I would take that vent out and make sure it is not frozen open or a spring off, there are some that have a spring that pulls it shut as it is released. And if you see neither of those replace that part. That is what is causing the freezing. The factory part number to shop with is W10196393. You can use that online or locally to get that part.

That will take care of it, if you have any questions at all Larry please ask. If not then please leave a rating.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician

on the previous test 121 I was depressing the up and down key simultaneously. Is that correct or should I have been depressing the keys individually?

Individually, one is open the other is close. Try again.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician