Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I was using my oven for baking and all of a sudden it started

an alarm and said F10...
I was using my oven for baking and all of a sudden it started an alarm and said F10 error.I turned off the breaker for about 1/2 hour then tried it again. It heated up properly so I thought it was okay. Then shortly after the same F10 came up and the oven was extremely hot but only showed the temperature that I had set it at. I phoned the number in my book and they suggested I turn the breaker off for at least an hour. A repair man who I talked to on the phone said it was the clock needed replacing and the cost was $320.00 plus his time. I can not afford that cost. Any suggestions. The stove has only been in my house about 2 and 1/2 years.
9/4/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The repair guy may have been wrong, The meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.

F10

F11

F12

F13

Runaway Temperature.

Shorted Keypad.

Bad Micro Identification.

Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error.

1. (F10 only) Check Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.

2. (F11, 12 & 13) Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.

3. (F11, 12 & 13) If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.

Basically F10 can mean the oven sensor has failed, This would need to be checked with a ohm meter, If the sensor does not read around 1080 ohms at room temp then it is bad and will need to be replaced....The cost would be allot less.

If the sensor reads on or near 1080 ohms at room temp then yes the control board would need to be replaced.

If you can give me the model number I can look up the part numbers :)

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Mike, Home Appliance Technician