Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Bosch dishwasher Mod.#SHE45MO5UC/53. Purchased a new pushbutton

assembly. twisted the buttons off...
Bosch dishwasher Mod.#SHE45MO5UC/53. Purchased a new pushbutton assembly. twisted the buttons off the plastic bar without realizing they were not all the same. Some of them have a longer stem on the back than others. I cannot determine in which order they need to be on the fascia panel. Does anyone out there know in which order to place them?
Thanks so much,
Don C.
9/3/2013
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service tech and I can try to help you.

Jon :

Can you please explain to me again what has happened here with the control push buttons?

Jon :

The order doesnt usually matter. I know that some seem longer then others but they are put on the bar that way. As long as the button hits the switch on the board behind it you should be ok. When putting the switches on and pushing down on them you should feel them hitting the board.

Jon :

if you dont feel it hitting the board and if that switch is not responsive and not working then pop it back out and swap it for one of the smaller or larger stems. But again, it shouldnt matter.

Customer:

I replaced the Fascia panel and Pushbutton assembly. The button tails snap into slots in the fascia panel and allow a hinge action when the button is pressed. On the back of the plastic pushbutton is a small stud that presses on the switch button behind it when the pushbutton is pressed. These small studs are not all the same length and there must be a particular order in which the pushbuttons need placed on the fascia panel. I just installed them without realizing there was a difference and the dishwasher won't work. I removed the fascia panel and was able to run the load that was in the dishwasher by pressing the switch buttons directly, but I need to find out the correct order in which to install the buttons so I can get the fascia and front panel back on. The part # XXXXX the fascia is 00478811 and the part # XXXXX the Pushbutton assembly is 00600071. Thanks,

Jon :

let me see if I can get the info you need. be right back.

Jon :

I don't have the info you require. I am sorry. I will put this question back in the list and hopefully another expert will help you.

Customer:

Jon - I found the solution! FYI - on the back of each pushbutton is a letter cast into the plastic. On the back of the Fascia panel is a corresponding letter cast into the plastic. You simply need to place the button with the letter 'B' in the corresponding slot on the fascia and so on with the six buttons. The letters on the pushbuttons aren't easy to see and I didn't notice them at first. When you said to try switching around the pushbuttons, I happened to stumble across it!

Jon :

If no one else has the answer for you that you are looking for anyway, I will call Bosch during my day tomorrow and try to get the correct placement for the buttons. Just need to know the full model and serial numbers. Thanks

Don,

I will personally call Bosch technical service department to get the info you require, since I can't seem to find the right placement now on line, and get back to you here tomorrow.

Thank you for being patient. Talk to you tomorrow.

if you feel that i can help get the info you need to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat with ok service or better rating. And if you have more questions even after rating me now please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Have a good night.
Hello againJust got off the phone with Bosch tech service department to confirm the correct placement for the push buttons. Starting from the left it should be the power scrub plus , auto wash, regular wash, delicate, quick rinse and finally rinse hold. Please get back to me here if you need more help. And please remember to positively rate my performance below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And if you need more help please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge. Thanks.

we actually found how to do it ourselves, there is letters on the tabs and panel board.

thanks

I thought there might have been but didn't mention it because I thought you had looked for that already.

Glad you found the right placement.

If you need any other help please get back to me here and I will help you more. If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating.

Thanks
Don,

I am glad that you found the correct placement for the buttons. But unfortunately you didnt get back to me to tell me that until after I have gotten back to you with the placement. And after I have spent the time calling and researching this for you.

Please be sure to accept and rate my performance positively below this chat now so that i may get credit from the web site for helping. And if you have more questions at any time about this machine again please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks.
Don,

Why the poor rating against me? I have tried to help you the best as I can. And even took the time out of my day to call Bosch to get the exact placement for the buttons in your machine.

It was not my fault that you didn't come back to me here and tell me that you have found the placement on your own. There was no way for me to know this if you hadn't responded back to me telling me that you found it and not to call and research the placement any more.

The negative rating reflects poor on my profile. And since all I did was try to help you, I feel this rating is undeserved.

If you are disappointed with my level of service to you you should have said something to me not rated me poorly. If you are or were trying to leave a negative rating more for the website that can be done in other ways. So please kindly remove the negative rating. And if you really feel that I haven't helped you just simply dont rate at all and let the question expire.

I'm sorry about that, but I wish you had told us about the letters at the beginning. Kind of was a waste of $38.00

There was no way for me to know that you hadn't already looked at the letters on the buttons. Especially since you went into such detail as to look at the length of the stem on the back of each button.

Listen, it was something I thought I should have mentioned but thought I would be wasting your time since you were very adamant about getting the correct placement quickly.

If you feel that you have wasted your $38 dollars here you can email customer support and express your concern there. But if you hadn't accepted an experts answer you are not even charged anything. All you were charged to date was a deposit to get your question listed on the question page. I certainly have not been paid for anything from you. Just an undeserved negative rating.

Let's just call it even that I tried to help you and have you remove the negative rating from my profile. Then email customer support and have them issue you a refund for the deposit if they haven't done so already.

Please get back to me here again if you have any other questions about this or about the dishwasher and I will still help you more if you need it?

Sorry that you feel that you had wasted your money again and do hope that you will return for any other questions you may have about other appliances.

Thank you.
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Don,

Thank you for removing the negative rating. It is greatly appreciated.

if you have more questions about this machine please come back to me here and I will help you to the best of my ability and of course for no additional charge.

Thank you again.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician