Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my washing machine went through the wash cycle and just stopped.

I turned the machine off...
my washing machine went through the wash cycle and just stopped. I turned the machine off and went to rinse and turned it on to see what would happen. nothing.

any thoughts?
9/2/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine?

LSR7133KQ1

Where the lid contacts the top of the machine, there should be a small hole that the lid pushes down into, an you push a small item into the hole and feel if it clicks when you do it?

don't see a hole - you are not referring to where the prongs actually attach are you?

If you look at the lid itself, do you see a pin sticking down, this activates the switch when you close the door, it should be on the right hand side of the lid, then see where it matches up when you close the door, that is where the lid switch is located.

yes - when I pushed down it did not click. it connected "turned on" for a second and stopped.

When I did the same thing a second time, there was nothing.

You have a bad lid switch, you will need to replace it. You can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Here is also a video on how to open the cabinet up so you can replace it...

Watch the complete video to find the one that corresponds to your control panel.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas,

What does it cost to repair a lid switch??

A new switch is about $40.00 and if you call someone to replace it, normally $80 to $130 for labor, takes all of 20 minutes to do it...

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

thank you.

Mary,
You are welcome.

Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician