Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag Gemini electric range with double oven 1 convection

We have a Maytag Gemini electric range with double oven 1 convection the burners work both ovens have stopped and we get these error codes F1-A and F1-C please help we can not find the model # XXXXX looking at pictures we think it might be the Model # XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the model is actually located on a metal flip up tab on the back of the control panel. Can you flip this tab up and tell me what the actual model number is XXXXX?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model MER 6872BAQ

Serial 10603768ZS

Perfect, thank you for the model number. So both of these error codes refr to the door latch assembly not functioning properly. Try to wiggle the door latch on the top oven to see if it's stuck. If that doesn't work, try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. Lastly, the door latch assembly mounted above the top oven needs to be replaced if the error won't go away. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

jiggling the latches seems to have done the trick thank you

Awesome, I'm so glad it was so simple to fix!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My broiler is not working now :?

codes F1-A and 1-C

Those are still error codes for the door latch so if you continue to get those errors, you'll need to replace that latch assembly that I linked to you the last time we spoke.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do I go about replacing it?

That I couldn't say without being there, but you will need to remove the entire top glass burner top to gain access for replacement so remove all the knobs and te screws by the knob area. Open the top door and remove the screws under the front lip of the glass top. Other than that you will need to work through it yourself or call a technician out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a web sight that you know of that could show me?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did not get your answer only my question

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

help??

Unfortunately there is not a website that shows this process that I know of I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Then it really doesn't help .. thanks anyway

alright, well good luck.