John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

A layer of ice is generated at the bottom of the freezer ZIC360N.

Customer Question

A layer of ice is generated at the bottom of the freezer ZIC360N. A year ago, I removed the ice maker, plugged the tube # XXXXX removed the filter and disconnected the water inlet at the bottom of the refrigerator to prevent any external water access. I replaced the gasket and positioned the freezer door to eliminate the access of the moisture from outside. I found the drain hole today. The layer of ice is formed first at the back left corner suggesting the water disconnect was not sufficient. Your suggestion at the previous case about the part #8140 may be correct but the part is not accessible from the freezer and I cannot move the built in refrigerator to access from the back. I plan to put a sheet of ShamWow! a the left back corner to confirm there is a water leak even with the filter removed and water pipe disconnnected. Any other suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello,My name is Bryan,I will be helping you today. Give me a few minutes to pull up your model. thanks .Be right back.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
do you have the back panel inside the freezer out ? number 1548 ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did have it out looking for a drain that was in the middle of 7562. The drain was not frozen and I could get at least 2 inches through it. I did not try to pour water in it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

well you need to pour some water in the drain and see if it goes down. its the only way to tell if its blocked.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I put already everything back but I should see within a few days if there is some ice at the bottom. Let's keep the case open for a few days.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay no problem, talk then, thanks , Bryan