Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an error code LD and the load will not drain. I hear

a humming sound coming from...
I have an error code LD and the load will not drain. I hear a humming sound coming from the the drain pump but I can't tell if it's clogged or if the pump is frozen. My washer is a Whirlpool Cabrio.
9/1/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine? This should be found inside the lid opening area of the machine...

Model# XXXXX

The drain pump could be just jammed with a coin or a hair pin or such, If you remove the back cover of the machine, you will see the drain pump on the left hand side of it, if you remove teh drain pump you can look inside to see if there is anything inside of it, Best to get all the water out before doing this, I use a shop vac hooked to the drain hose to suck it all out.. Otherwise you could have a mess if the water has no where to go.. If the pump is clear then it will need to be replaced, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your washing machine.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

Also there is a video on the link I gave you to show you how to replace it, it should also help you figure out how to remove it to see if there is anything in it...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hi Chase just pulled the pump. Did not find any obstructions checked and got 16.8 ohms between terminals which tells me it's okay. Can I bench test with 120vac or is there a cap somewhere ln the line

Yes you can bench test it with 120 volts to see if it is spinning

Chas, I put 120v and she spins about 50 percent of the time. This unit can't be over two years old. They don't build them like they use to. Please advise.

I know they don't build them like they use to, You will will have to replace it though, I wish I had a majic wand to fix it from here...

What is the best place to order this part and do you think I should order OEM.

Go with what ever you feel okay with, I order all my parts from Repair CLinic, they have the best warranty on electric parts than anybody else...

Click here for repair clinic

While I got you on line what is the best way to clean the inside of these HE units. We use afresh tablets about once a month but it does not seem to clean it very well. It smells and looking through the clear tub it looks nasty inside.

I prefer to use Washer Magic, I I annot stand AFRESH, it sucks...

Click here

Chas, you have. been a great help. Thanks, Sean

No problem

Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician