Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Refrigerator is not cooling. FGHN2844LE Frigidaire.

Refrigerator is not cooling. FGHN2844LE Frigidaire....
Refrigerator is not cooling.
FGHN2844LE Frigidaire.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/30/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Please take your time and make the checks below.

First look in the freezer (even though it may be warm) at the rear inside wall, can you find a frosty spot anywhere? Sometimes you have to feel the wall as its difficult to see.

Check to see that the freezer fan is blowing steady air out of the vent in the freezer, is it?

If the freezer fan is operating and you found no frost on the rear inside wall of the freezer go around behind the unit and remove the lower panel. Touch the compressor on the top. Is the compressor hot, warm or cold and is it vibrating? And have you heard a buzz or click from back there?

Is the fan back there working as well?

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic

Will check and reply today

I understand Clark, I will be watching for you.

Thanks,
Barry

Freezer is setting at 4 degrees Hi alarm (refrigerator) is red. Powered off refrigerator waited thirty minutes turned on alarm reading is like it was reset. Fans inside and outside are running frost pattern in back of freezer is lightly frosted(less than 1/8th of a inch. The top cover in freezer in back) is frosted rather heavy which might be the reason for the refrigerator not cooling. I pulled everything out of the freezer. Turned off refrigerator until freezer is defrosted. Any suggestions further would be extremely helpful.

Thanks Clark, give me about 10 minutes to look at the diagrams and service manual.

Barry
Clark you are doing the right thing. There should be no frost at all. The way is sounds like it is frosted heavier at the top really sounds like maybe a door was left open a crack in the fresh food section. There is a tunnel that runs from the freezer to the fresh food section that becomes clogged and does not allow air to flow. If you unplug it, open the doors for around 8 hours that will take care of it. 12 hours later it should be cooling quite normally.

If you have any questions at all please ask Clark, about anything. If not please leave a rating for me.

Thank you,
Barry
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician