Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kenmore gas range 790. The power the outlet went

I have a kenmore gas...
I have a kenmore gas range 790. The power the outlet went dead and when it was brought back up and the oven was pugged back in I can't get the oven to set at a bake temperature. When I hit the bake button it says dr. Help??? thanks
8/27/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Is the door locked?

no

Ok thanks Kim

Can you give me the full model number from the sticker inside the drawer, should look like this 790.12345678

790.72903015

Ok Kim can you give me a minute to look the model number up please.
Ok this indicates the unit thinks the door is open even though the door should be locked.

First try this, Unplug the unit for 5 minutes or shut the power off, when the power is turned back on hit the stop button. If this does not clear the problem try the next step.

Hit and hold the stop/clear button for 3-5 seconds, you will hear the door lock start to activate and loc should appear on the control. Wait a good 30 seconds then press the top of the door and hit and hold the stop/clear button for 3-5 seconds, Continue to hold the top of the door in until the lock stops running and you see the loc disappear from the screen.

You should then be all set.

If by chance you still have the same problem try starting a self clean cycle - let it start then hit the stop clear button, wait for the door to unlock.

If none of the above clears the problem it's likely the control board has suffered a error and will need to be replaced.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

I have tried it all! I can't clean the oven...The oven door doesn't indicate it locks or unlocks. There is no sound when I hit the stop button. When I hit the select clean button it beeps but nothing happens.

Unfortunately Kim sounds like the control board got fried when the power went out, There really is nothing else it can be.

To replace the control you would need to pull the unit out from the wall then remove the panel at the rear of the control board, Once the panel is out you will see the control board. Will just be a matter of a few screws and swapping wires from new to old control.

Below is a link where you can buy the part.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

Really sorry it's not better news Kim

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Mike, Home Appliance Technician