Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

how to take out of motor home to replace micro switch for longer

than 59 sec runs...
how to take out of motor home to replace micro switch for longer than 59 sec runs
8/26/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

A micro switch is not going to cause this problem. This is a VERY common issue with Sharp microwaves. Unfortunately the logic inside the display board has failed and it won't run for anything over 59 seconds without shutting off. You'll need to order and replace the microwave's display control board to fix this issue. Now as for access to the display board or the micro switches if you want, you'll need to unplug the microwave and remove the screws coming in from the top going into the vent panel above the door. Remove these screws and the vent panel will pull off. That will expose a screw at the top of the control panel. Remove this screw and the control panel pulls up and off so that you can replace the display board.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

OK understood that part, now how do you bring the unit to the ground? also, where do you order the board for best price???

Not many places carry sharp microwave parts, and this particular one is about $200. Sears carries the part so if you wanted to invest $200 into repairing the microwave, below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

As for removing the microwave completely, you'd need to unplug the microwave, open the cabinets above the microwave, and remove the large bolts coming in from above the microwave. The microwave will then hinge down and lift up and off on the back so that you can remove it. It helps to have two people.

There are no bolts coming down from the top. there are two long bolts that go on a 45 to the back plate, these are loose but they remain in position to reinstall, the unit is stuck?

Those 45 degree and me bolts need to be removed and the there should be some coming from the top but if not, remove te gem panel a one the door and there will be two more long bolts you need to remove.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

time to stop for the day, order the panel and look above the gem panel another day, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX are no bolts in the gem panel I will expect a free-by when I reattack the problem after delivery, fair enough?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc