Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid refridgerator, model KFIS20XVMS00 serial

number KW4008843 and the ice...
I have a Kitchenaid refridgerator, model KFIS20XVMS00 serial number KW4008843 and the ice dispenser chute door keeps suddenly opening and closing without having pushed the dispensor button. When this happens the entire water filter control panel becomes shuts off and you can't get any water or ice. It has started to do this more and more often, and sound is very annoying, aside from the fact that you can't get water or ice until it stops, which can last for 10 minutes or an hour.
8/26/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is one of the more common problems this refrigerator develops. The problem is that the main control board on the back of the refrigerator is starting to fail. Now this is a fairly new unit I can see by the model, so if it's less than a year old, call warranty and they'll replace the control board at no charge. Otherwise, you'll need to order and replace the control board to fix the problem. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. Now if you're handy, you can definitely replace this part yourself because it's all plug and play and only takes me about 15 minutes to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

the remaining warranty is for the sealed system (that is what kitchenaid support told me). Does that cover this issue? I'm not sure what sealed system means.

That does not cover this issue I'm afraid. Sealed system warranty means that if you had a freon related problem like a bad compressor or freon leak, that would still be under warranty.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

I just looked at the new control board that was sent and compared it to the old one. Are you sure you gave me the right model # because they look different?

I looked it up using your model number. It was the only one listed for your model. So unless the lookup is wrong, it should be correct. Either way, you haven't programmed it which is why it's showing the PEO OOO

Ok. Sorry for all the back and forth. I've just been without a refrigerator for a week and it has been a bit stressful. The part just came in so I'm trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible. I'll try calling the seller to make sure they sent what they were suppose to and that they give me the proper instructions. Thanks again.

Ok good luck
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc