Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our Thermadore 6 burner gas range is 6 months old when we moved

Our Thermadore 6 burner gas range is 6 months old when we moved in a tech came out to show my wife how to use all the high end appliances. The thermadore 6 burners was working fine. We now have the left to burners that will not ignite. My wife has never used these 2 burners yet and we realized that they don't work because the Gas Company had to fix a gas leak on the outside meter and I had to ignite the burners.

Is ther something I need to do to get them to ignite?
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Do the burners at least spark when turned on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Are the burner caps set on the burners correctly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Thank you. When you turn on the burners that do work, do the burners that don't work spark then?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I said no but the two burners are on the off position should I put the burners on and start the other burners to see if they spark?

You can, that would be an easy way to test. All burners should spark when any of them is turned on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If that does not work what should I do next?

Well, if they do light, there is an issue in the ignition system with either the igniters, switches or wiring. If still no spark, the ignition system is still in question, likely to be a switch or wiring. In any case, it is still under warranty, so you can have it repaired for free.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!