Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Maytag JetClean EQ plus dishwasher is having a bad day.

My Maytag JetClean EQ plus dishwasher is having a bad day. Most of the buttons on the control panel no longer work. The buttons that do work are the drain/off button and the light wash button. Can you help?

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where do I find the model number?

Find Your Dishwasher Model Number
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Got it MDB7100AWS

This is a common problem on this model, moisture most likely got into the touch controls of the computer, you can try opening it up and jeating the controls with a hair dryer gently.to drive off any moisture and sometimes this will make it work again, other wise you will need to replace the control, if so you can click on the blue link below to order it...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How easy is it to install? What tools are required? Which screws do I remove from the door to get to it? Do I need to call a repair man?

You can do this your self, you just need to remove all the screws from the inside panel of the door and it will give you complete access to the control, should take you about 30 minutes to do it, you sould only need a phillips screwdriver or a torx15 driver never sure what screws they used when they put these old things together...