Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE P620 washer model # XXXXX It will drain

and run but it doesn't...
I have a GE P620 washer model # XXXXX It will drain and run but it doesn't spin or move at all. The belt is fine and we tried resetting the motor. Still nothing.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you tell me how you tried to restart the motor? Also, if you watch the motor when the washer should be spinning or washing, there may be a red light flashing on the inverter board above the motor. Can you see if there is a red light flashing and if so how many times is it flashing?

We unplugged the washer for 2 minutes and then open and closed the lid 7 times after we plugged it back in. There is a green light and its flashing 7 times.
OK perfect. So this error means that the washer doesn't think the door was opened for the last 4 cycle. You need to order and replace the door switch below the top panel of the washer because it's not sensing properly. Since the lid switch is bad, the washer will not reset which is why you can't reset the unit by opening and closing the lid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Where can a order a new door switch and is it easy to replace?
If you've already gotten inside the washer to look at the motor, then replacing the part should be very easy because getting inside the washer is the hardest part. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. You will need to cut the 2 wires going to the switch and splice the new one in.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc