Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my maytag front loader wobbles alot when on spin cycle and

my maytag front loader wobbles alot when on spin cycle and makes loud noise. I replaced the front rubber seal and because it wobbles so much it burned the seal and eats away at the sides.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is quite a major issue I'm really sorry to say. When the inner stainless steel basket rubs on the front outer plastic tub and rubber gasket, it means your rear drum bearing is going out and it's not holding the inner stainless steal basket true anymore OR the spin support bracket on the back of the inner stainless steel tub has a broken arm. Now the reason this is such a big problem is because either the rear outer tub or the entire inner stainless steel basket will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. If you run a cycle with no clothes inside and you hear the tub banging at high speed spin about 1 time per revolution, you need to replace the inner stainless steel basket. If it's not banging, then your bearing is just not holding the drum true anymore and the rear outer tub needs to be replaced. Both repairs will cost about $500-600 or so, so the cost of each repair is about the same regardless of which part has failed.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!