Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Hi, My washing machine Model # XXXXX 530FS3 started making some

Hi, My washing machine Model # XXXXX 530FS3 started making some loud squeaking noises about 2 weeks ago (like perhaps a belt was failing). Then the spin/rinse/draining stopped. Can you please give me SOME idea about what is wrong and how much I should expect to pay for the repair? Thanks!
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting JA to help you with this appliance question.

Hi Jane can you give me a minute to look up the model number please
Is the noise predominantly in the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't remember for sure...but I actually think the noise began with the wash cycle, then quiets down. It did that for a few weeks, then the machine stopped draining during the rinse cycle and didnt spin.

Ok Jane, That helps me narrow it allot :)

The problem here is the drain filter is clogged, This is located inside the pipe that runs from the tub to the pump, It's a repair that does not require parts so it would be fairly cheap as appliance repairs go to deal with, if you hire a guy to do it the cost would be between $100 - $120 depending on region.

I would like to earn your highest rating, if you are not totally satisfied with my answer please hit the continue button.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Are you sure about this? Could it be something else? It made such a loud noise that it really sounded like a belt or something?

Yes Jane I am fairly sure if the machine is not draining, it's likely the noise was debris caught in the pump. I am about as sure as I can be from the end of a computer :)

Thanks!

Mike.