Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Type your question here. My Maytag washing machine stopped

and when it reached the...
Type your question here. My Maytag washing machine stopped and when it reached the final spin cycle. I tried to recycle it but it seemed to want to move a little but then it stopped completely. I took off the front panel and notice white plastic shavings at the bottom and base .Please help.
8/19/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the complete model number of the washing machine?

The Model Number for the Maytag Washer is MAV6358AWW. Name of Washer style is ENSIGNIA

Does it still agitate for you?

Well i have already diconected the water supply in order to move it to a work plac , but before i did that I did recycle to wash again and it would start to fill up with water but I stoped it before it reached the agitate mode. Now when I put the machine in agitate mode it merely humms and there is no movement.

Okay is the hum down by the motor or up inside the control panel?

definetly from the control panel on top.

Is the timer still advancing when this is happening?

No. the dial does not advance.

You have a bad timer on the unit, you can order the replacement by clicking on the blue link below.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Just to know what would be the cause of all those plastic white color shavings at the bottom of the base?

That is from the snubber as it wears down over the years, as long as the tub is not banging while spinning your clothes out, then it is not a problem..

Hey thanks a lot buddy I will do that. By the way i narrowed down where that humming is originating from and it is located at the water inlet valve area where the water comes in to fill the tub. Thanks again and stay safe.

have a nice day!

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Chas, It s a no go. I got the new part in today and I hookled it up to the control panel. At first nothing happened so I connected my garden hose to simulate a washing of small load, It started to fill and then when it began to wash and the aggitator kicked in, it started to make a noise like a squealling noise and then it eventualy stopped altogether after about two minutes. Any advice? almost forgot, but before i connected the water hose, I tried to get it to spin cycle several times and in that process i though I could smell something like a burning smell.

Optional Information:
Brand: maytag
Type of Appliance: Washer
Model Number: MAV6358AWW
What have you tried so far?: I tried the new part that chas advised.

Take off the belt and spin the drain pump pulley, does it turn easily?

your right the bttom pulley has a ring that is broken or snapped

Replace it
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician