Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our microwave is on a dedicated circuit with a 20 amp fuse.

But when we turn it...
Our microwave is on a dedicated circuit with a 20 amp fuse. But when we turn it on (to cook frozen meals as per the instructions on the box for instance), the microwave works for 90 seconds or so and then turns itself off and then back on about one second later. The fuse is not blown and the circuit is fine. The wiring for that circuit was put in less than a year ago and has been checked by another independent electrician. The voltage at the outlets (two on this dedicated circuit) stays between 115 and 118 when we have the microwave on and turn on a toaster oven on a different circuit in the kitchen.

We are now on our third microwave (damaged over time from this process we guess) and still the same issue. Any suggestions?
8/19/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

This is caused by a failure in the main control board, well known problem on these Panasonic microwaves, you can order the replacement board by clicking on the blue link below.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Our first two microwaves were Kenmore elites and we have now just purchased the Panasonic microwave last week. We were hoping that the issue was in the Kenmore ... but obviously not the case since we purchased a brand new Kenmore elite and the same problems existed (microwave #2) and then just purchased a Panasonic (microwave #3).

So I doubt that all three microwaves had the same problem .. thus I assume it is an electrical issue with the house. I asked my question in the electrical justanswer area first and it has filtered down/up to more experts to look at and answer.

Is there a common electrical problem that can cause the main boards to malfunction in the microwaves??

I don't which kenmore models you had, however Kenmore does not make anything, they rebrand other makes, LG, Samsung, Panasonic with their name. Many people think they make them however that is not the case...

You have already ruled out the electrical in your home, and the control board is the only thing that works this problem you are having...

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician