Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

On my frigidaire m1 sa8868 ice maker. There is an adjustment

On my frigidaire m1 sa8868 ice maker. There is an adjustment screw on the front. + one way and - the other. What does this adjust?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, that is the water level adjustment screw, you didn't move it right ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not yet...

okay these are very delicate and even the smallest turn can break them. what is the problem with your ice maker ? is there one ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I just replaced the fill valve solenoid and I'm waiting to see how it's working

oh okay.well this need to cycle but sometimes take a while, is there any cubes in it now ? any water ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it filled already. Waiting for them to freeze. Water seemed low, but that may just be because the lines were empty

yes that's probably whats going on. now the more you open the freezer the longer it will take of course. Don't do anything with that water level yet. let this make about 3-4 loads to get all the air out of the lines and if their not big enough cubes then turn that screw a very small amount towards the + sign I mean a very small turn. maybe like from like 1 to 2 o'clock. it may not be lined up like that at the 1 o'clock position I was just giving you an example. be careful not to turn it a lot. I think the cubes will get bigger on their own however so you probably wont have to touch that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just a follow up... The ice maker is working fine, and the cubes are good sized. thanks for the advice.

your very welcome, have a great Sunday and thanks, Bryan