Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I recently had a problem with water filling up in the drum

when my Kenmore HE3T washer...
I recently had a problem with water filling up in the drum when my Kenmore HE3T washer wasn't running. I replaced the inlet valve and that seemed to solve the problem (not dripping any longer). I ran a cycle and about 6-8 minutes in an FH code came up. I also ran the diagnostic test and it stopped at C01. I checked the pressure switch hose and it appears to be in good condition. I also checked the flow meter with a multimeter to see if the ohms climbed and decreased and it did. The only thing left is the Pressure Switch itself. How do I check that to see if that is the problem.
8/13/2013
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

If you are, most pressure switches have two sets of contacts for two different levels.

Unfortunately the model number has been crossed out ( For your security any numbers that look like a telephone number are automatically crossed out by the system, apologies). Can you repost the numbar and put the letter A directly in front of the number, so it looks like A123456. I can then get the details for you

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Thanks
Rob

Hey Rob,

It is a Kenmore Elite HE3T Model A11045966400. Currently I have it narrowed down to either the flow meter or the pressure switch. To make matters worse, when I was trying to take out the tubes that are attached to the flow meter (they were a pain in the butt) my hand hit into the dispenser unit and broke off the piece that connects to the main line. I crazy glued it back on and I think it will be okay. I am going to attempt to put everything back on (including the dispenser unit where I glued the piece back on) and run a cycle and do a diagnostic check. I blew out the pressure switch hose. This way I am starting from scratch for you

Hi

Sorry to hear of the escalating problems !!

Thanks for the extra details
Unfortunately I cant find any details on that number.
While I continue to look, Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob

Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last expert has opted out .

The issue you are haveing the F/H code if the flowmeter is giving continuity and then you loose it it is working correctly.

the issue is the Water level pressure switch .

not sensing the proper water level .

It will need to be replaced CLICK HERE for a link to the part you need

Thanks. I was looking on-line and it said to do a test with a multimeter on pins 21 and 22 and it be closed (zero Ohms). It was. I don't want to order the part if I am not sure it is bad. Are you positive it is the Pressure Switch and not the Flow Meter. Is there a way you can tell by running the diagnostic test or when the FH error comes up?

this may help you .The diagnostics does not check the pressure switch .

pins 21to 22 will show continuity when EMPTY

pins 11-14 "" "" suds detect

Pins 21 to 24 will show "" when full normal water level.

pins 21 to 26 is overflow

Are you positive it is the Pressure Switch and not the Flow Meter. Does it tell you anything when the FH code comes on? I was reading that if it happens right away, that it most likely the inlet valve or flow meter. If it comes on later, it is the Pressure switch or hose. Does that sound right?

I can only go by what you are telling me .

Again if you get continuity and loose it while checking the pressure switch with either water or blowing through it the flow meter is good .

And that is what you have stated .

When you get the FH code is there water in the unit ?

I do not know are getting (I was reading that if it happens right away, that it most likely the inlet valve or flow meter. If it comes on later, it is the Pressure switch or hose

But I have never heard of this working for Whirlpool !

and I have no idea what hose you are talking about !

Let me put it back together and let you know exactly when the FH error occurs. I think you're probably right. Can you tell anything by blowing into the pressure switch?

I ran the machine and everything seemed to be going well until it got to the rinse cycle (about 12 minutes into a normal wash). The FH code came up. The water seemed to be going in just fine in the beginning of the wash. Does this still sound like a pressure switch issue?

Yes if the unit fills for a wash cycle the flow meter is working fine .

And yes you can blow gently into the pressure switch and check the three other settings

Thanks. What are the 3 other settings you are referring to? I ordered the pressure switch and hope that resolves the issue. I will cross my fingers. Thanks for your help.

the sud, the normal and the overflow

Ok. I hope the pressure switch does the trick. Thanks,

No problem ,glad to assist you .Good luck !

Even after you rate me if you have a question later on I will still assist you .

Master Tech

Thanks. I replaced the pressure switch and I still received an FH at the C01 of the diagnostic test. I also ordered the flow meter just in case. I put back the original pressure switch and put the new flow meter in. Still received an FH at the C01. I then reinstalled the new pressure switch and left the new flow meter in and it passed the diagnostic check. Weird. I am going to be running a normal wash, but given it passed the diagnostic test it should be fine. Thanks for your help. I think I saved myself $300-400!

I am running a wash right now. I think I am going to have to replace the dispenser unit. When I was taking the flow meter off the first time, I couldn't get the hoses off. I finally was able to and my hand broke off the section that connects to the hose coming from the flow meter. I glued it back on, but it appears to be dripping when the water comes in. I don't think it will be an issue with the little amount of water, but I would rather be safe than open up a bigger issue. Thanks again. I'll let you know once the load is finished.

No problem at all Glad to assist you .

Quick question. While they machine is working well, there is some slight dripping coming from the section where the tube feeding from the flow meter meets the dispenser unit. Rather than replace the dispenser unit (costs $70), can I simply put a wrap around it? Will the dripping cause any internal damage if left untreated?

Master Tech
Master Tech