Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a Kitchenaid side by side, model # XXXXX The

I have a Kitchenaid side by side, model # XXXXX The Ice maker stopped working yesterday. The control is in the on position. There is a small red light beside the control that is flashing. Honestly, never paid attention if this fashes or not as part of teh operation of the ice maker. I have lost the manual. Can you offer any suggestions?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Without blocking the beam that monitors the ice bucket..Hold the little flapper down..Tell me what the red light is doing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing. Remians dark, no flashing.
The light is staying on Solid..Correct..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it is back to flashing Red Light
Back to flashing red..? Is that after you released it..My question to you is..If you hold it in the down position will it stay solid red..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. Sorry, misunderstood.
Ok perfect..This means the electronic components test ok..Which is a good thing as they can be expensive to replace..Next check the fill tube to the icemaker..It is located at the right side of the ice maker coming down from the ceiling..If it gets frozen this will cause the icemaker not to work..If the fill tube is not frozen then your problem will be within the icemaker itself..Which is the most common problem on this unit..