Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Oven was not igniting on a regular basis so I replaced ignitor

on GE JGB905SEF355 and oven...
Oven was not igniting on a regular basis so I replaced ignitor on GE JGB905SEF355 and oven still wont lite. Range burners work fine. Is there some sort of code that needs to be entered into the control panel?
8/11/2013
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.You stated that the oven was not igniting on a regular basis previously ..Is it igniting at all now..Intermittently..? Or not at all..?

neither the oven or the broiler will ignite now. prior to replacing ignitor the oven was lighting intermitently ... some times you could smell gas then it lit - after what i thought was too long a period. now it does nothing,

Does the display light up..And when you start a bake cycle does it also show that the bake cycle has started as normal..?

Yes on oth counts.

Ok great it doesn't make sense that it did work before you have changed out the igniter..Which means you need to check the installation on your part,,(Wiring to the igniter etc.)..Remove the back of the oven..Check the wiring at the terminal block ..Make sure all connections are secure, allot of times the wiring will melt at the terminal block..Also check that you have 220 coming from the outlet..If you only have one leg of the 220..(110) the display will work but not the oven functions..If all checks ok..Then your problem is going to be within the Clock/Control ..Which is very common on this oven..CLICK HERE FOR PART Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater as to the information I have provided to you not the actually outcome of your repair..If you have any further questions I will be standing by..Thank You Bob

ok ... this is going to take some time. Can i ask more questions later if what you are telling me to do doesn't resolve the problem?

Yes..You can follow up at no charge once rated at any time..We want to see you find the best solution on your repair..Thanks Bob
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal