Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a maytag md87749aww1 with a touch panel not working

lights come on but will...
I have a maytag md87749aww1 with a touch panel not working lights come on but will not respond to start command
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/10/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today.. have you tried shutting the breaker off for 5 min or cleaning the touchpad ribbon?

Customer:

I DID TRY SHUTTING THE BREAKER OFF FOR A FEW SECONDS BUT NOT A FULL 5MINS AND I WOULD HAVE TO BE WALKED TROUGH THE PROCESS OF CLEANING THE TOUCH PAD RIBBON.

Randy 43 :

do you have a more complete model number , seems to be missing some digits ?

Customer:

MD7749AWW1 IS THERE MORE INFO

Customer:

IM TRYING THE BREAKER FOR 5MIN NOW

Randy 43 :

your getting that right off the machine ? still something wrong with the model?

Customer:

ONE SEC I WILL CHECK

Customer:

THE DOOR FRAME LEFT SIDE MID WAY SEZ MD 87749AWW1 SER NO F12215573 TYPE 577-0

Randy 43 :

sorry ,ill opt out ,i cant find any info on that model number and i dont want to steer you in the wrong direction ,ill repost your question

Customer:

Thank you fro trying its about 2 years old surprising no info . What is the process for getting my depoit back?

Randy 43 :

some other tech may have info ? if you want to hold on and somebody may be able to help you out

Randy 43 :

if you dont hear back contact the admin and request a refund

Customer:

Sorry on closer inspection the Mod # XXXXX XXXXX 7749AWW1 not md87749aww1

Customer:

are you there?

Customer:

Im at work I will contact you asap

Randy 43 :

ok , that model does come up , but there are only a few things you can do ,firstly is the breaker reset that you tried already , next you can unscrew the screws on the inner panel that go into the control panel ,with the power off of course , check the ribbon connector of the pic below , that plugs into the control board , make sure it is inserted and tight , you can clean that ribbon with rubbing alcohol , re insert into the board , but if you get the same issues ,then you will req that touchpad , the board and touchpad work hand in hand but if some buttons do not work it is almost always the touchpad itself

Randy 43 :

Touchpad and Control Panel W10356467

RepairClinic Item #1878606 (OEM Part)

$125.15

Touchpad and control panel assembly, white

Manufacturer Number W10356467

More

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Randy 43 :

Touchpad and Control Panel W10356467 Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

Thank you I will give cleaning the ribbon connector a try as soon as I get home.

Customer:

thanks I will try cleaning the ribbon connector as soon as I get home.If no luck I will order the touchpad. best regards steve

Randy 43 :

ok , no problem good luck Steve

Customer:

wp# XXXXX

Customer:

wp# XXXXX mx#126850001g c s , is on a tag attached to the ribbon connector , and on the back of the pvc touch pad control housing (where the top of the dishwasher door handle is molded i

Customer:

would pictures help now that I have it all apart the ribbon has a tag on it thats marked WP# XXXXX Rev. A, MX#NNN-NN-NNNN C S and the PVC housing has P.N. W10199662 white stamped into it . just don't want to order the wrong part. can i send you photos?

Customer:

r u there ?

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

randy or whom ever is availabe today -please refer to last question before i order parts thanks steve

randy or whom ever is availabe today -please refer to last question before i order parts thanks steve ps i will gladly add a bonus after we are certain of the parts numbers

Sure can you post them here?
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician