Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Dishwasher KUDS30IXBL4 was interrupted at beginning of cycle.

Dishwasher KUDS30IXBL4 was interrupted at beginning of cycle. When door closed beeping noise but no lights. Everything seems clear inside.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

First try cutting the power at the breaker for 10 minutes to see if it will reset. If that worked please let me know.

If that does not work, do you have a volt meter or a test light? I am sorry for the delay, I had to make sure I had a wiring diagram.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will try that. What does the beeping signify? There is no mention of that in the Service Manual.

There are several reasons or broken parts that will cause it too beep. One is the water not getting hot enough which is of course not the case here. Count the beeps, there should be a repeating sequence.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT is only a single repeating beep for around 1 minute then it stop. When I reopen door it starts again. I cannot determine what circuit it is on due to size of house and only me home.

1 repeating beep is as follows: Damaged or corrupted memory on control board. Incompatible software components inside microchip. Disconnect the power to the dishwasher to see if it will reset and if it does not you will need to replace the circuit board inside the top of the door panel. I have linked that part below for you just in case you need it. When someone gets home to help you try cutting the power for 10 minutes to try and reset it and if that does not work replace that circuit board.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PART

If you have any questions please ask.
Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Found the circuit, so powered off, will wait 10 minutes. Where did you find the diagnostic information? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX let u know if the reset works. I have extended warranty so I may let them resolve if it involves changing circuit board. Will reply back in 10 minutes. If reset works is there still potentially a problem with the circuit or is a need for resetting a relatively common occurrence?

On the tech sheet for the model number at servicematters.com.

Actually no its a fairly rare thing to happen. Most often its a water heating problem that causes the most trouble.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Wow. Reset worked. Do you think I should have it looked at anyway? Or wait till another occurrence? Thanks for the assist. Can a "non-expert" benefit by using servicematters.com? I am fairly handy and have executed several repairs using online services.

Yes you can use it although it is expensive, I honestly do not know that you would get your moneys worth out of it.

It should be okay now more than likely the power failure happened at a time when the board was doing something and was looking for a signal from a part, did not get it before the power loss and when it came back on it was lost. Of course that was a guess but it seems the most logical thing to have happened. I do not think you will need a part.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Barry, Thanks a lot for your help! Didn't want to have to wash those dishes by hand. Sounds logical, I am familiar with glitches when interrupting a computer program as I worked in the software industry for many years. Well, I will let it go through its cycle and see what happens. Great job!

You take care and have a great rest of the weekend.

Thank you for the opportunity,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok! Thanks again. I did not get a Rate to Finish prompt.

I understand, try now and see if you get it, if you do not please let me know.

Barry