Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

would like to find out how to replace the complete front panel

on a Samsung washing machine...
would like to find out how to replace the complete front panel on a Samsung washing machine # XXXXX
8/3/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have access to the top panel?

Customer:

Yes I do. thanks for your help. I had to run errand but now I am back on line.

Customer:

Hello Randy 43

Randy 43 :

ok , thx , if you remove main top ,2 screws at the back ,and push the top backwards it will come off

Customer:

ok what next?

Customer:

I am not near the washer so if possible please provide the complete steps to get the front off.

Randy 43 :

then you have 4 screws atop the control panel

Randy 43 :

remove the dispenser drawer and the control panel comes forward

Randy 43 :

disconnect the wire plug ins for the board

Randy 43 :

when that is off there will be 4 more screws holding the front panel

Randy 43 :

take the spring from around the rubber boot in the front and the 3 screws holding the latch in place

Randy 43 :

there may be a extra screw on each underside on the bottom of the front panel (depending on model)

Randy 43 :

there is one screw holding the disp drawer housing up top that if you remove you can push that housing back a few inches and makes things easier to take apart

Randy 43 :

you peel that boot off the flange ,once the spring is off

Randy 43 :

then the front panel including the door lift off , leaving the latch and boot in place and you can access the

Randy 43 :

components

Customer:

I have gotten all the screws off and the soap disp off. What boot and flange are you speaking of?

Randy 43 :

the rubber boot in front ,that has to come off ,it has a spring around it

Customer:

are you speaking of the rubber boot around the tub and door? Where do I find the spring?

Randy 43 :

it in that little goove in the front

Customer:

Are you speaking of the large hose from the soap dish that has the spring

Randy 43 :

no that is ok to stay there

Customer:

where is the little grove in the front/ Please try and be more specific.

Randy 43 :

i mean the front boot where the door is

Customer:

where is the little groove in relation to the door? Suggest a number like on a clock

Randy 43 :

i cant really be any more specific , see the edge of the boot ? peel it back you will see metal spring it goes all around the boot not inside on the very outer edge of the boot that meets up with the panel

Customer:

ok I will go try and find it. You are saying it's on the outside of the front panel?

Randy 43 :

when you open the door its right there where the edge of the boot meets the front panel

Randy 43 :

all the way around

Customer:

ok

Randy 43 :

Wire - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

spring looks like this in the fold of the boot

Customer:

I found the spring. Tinny little thing.

Customer:

I go the door off. So now I need to switch door and contacts correct?

Randy 43 :

there are 3 screws holding that switch in

Randy 43 :

leave the latch attached there with the contacts , you just need to remove those 3 screws

Randy 43 :

once you get that latch off there may be 2 other screws on the very bottom where the hooks for the front panel are you can prop the machine up with a phone book and a little ratchet to remove those

Randy 43 :

any questions just respond , ill be back in 15 min -20min

Randy 43 :

i need to step out for a few hours but ill be back if you have any questions ? if not ? good luck and thx for using JA

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician