Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Frigidaire washer stopped working. Only 1 year old. 080

5...
My Frigidaire washer stopped working. Only 1 year old. 080 5
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you explain what you mean by "stopped working"? And do you have a model number please?

P/NNNN-NN-NNNN is the model number. It seems like it is starting but then just stops and the doorlock light goes on.

OK thats a part number, can I get the model on a sticker just inside the door?

model number GLTF2940FE2

OK perfect. So what shows up on the display if you try to start the washer and wait about 5-10 minutes?

Now it seems like it is working but I didn't do anything differently. The last times (many times) it would seem like it was going to start and then it just stopped everything and the doorlock light would go on. Just that one light.

So normally when this happens it means that the washer doesn't think the door has locked. Even though the door actually locks, it won't start the cycle until the PTC sensor inside the unit latch gives it a good signal. So if the issue comes back and you don't get an error code or you get something like an E41 error, I'd replace the door latch. Either way, I'm glad it's working for now!

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

OK, so it stopped again and the doorlock is the only light on again! So does this mean we need a repair man to replace the door latch?

Aye, if there isn't an error code then I'd replace the latch.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

OK

Good luck and sorry to hear about the problems you're having.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc