Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My Kenmore gas range for cooking is beeping every 3 minutes

My Kenmore gas range for cooking is beeping every 3 minutes or so and I wonder what the problem is?

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have a model number ? is it flashing a error code ?

Customer:

No, it is not flashing an error code...it just keeps beeping constantly.

Randy 43 :

do you have a model number ? how old is the range? how long has it been doing the beeping ? thx

Customer:

It started beeping this morning. The range was bought from Sears in 2000 and I don't know where to find the model number.

Randy 43 :

were you using it at the time ? was there any thing spilled over ? model number is XXXXX around the storage drawer area

Customer:

It wasn't being used at the time...nothing appears to be spilled over and I don't know where the storage drawer area is.

Randy 43 :

its the bottom drawer of a range that you pull out ,or is this a wall oven? thx

Customer:

It is not a wall oven and it is free standing. I will look at the drawer of the bottom of the range to see if I can find a number.

Customer:

Ok! Model number is (665) 75012101 and serial number is XXXXX Does that help?

Randy 43 :

yes, let me check

Randy 43 :

ok thx , the beeping device is on the main control board if there was a problem with a sensor or some other electronic part it would have a error code on the board , if it just beeps on its own ,then the board would be faulty , it may be a glitch , in which case you would need to unplug the range or turn the breaker off for 10 minutes or so , giving the board a chance to reset , if the beeping continues after the reset then you would need to main control board

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Alternate Product View
Full Size Image

Randy 43 : Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN

RepairClinic Item #1017884 (OEM Part)

$259.25

Core Deposit $50

Electronic clock control

Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

More

Customer:

I unplugged it and plugged it back. Are you saying to turn the breaker of electricity off for 10 minutes or so...and what is this $259,25 doaar amound for?

Randy 43 :

that is the price of the board ..if you unplugged it already ,you need to unplug it for 10 minutes or more if you didnt give it that long the first time ? otherwise that is the cost and part nuber of the board

Randy 43 :

number

Customer:

OK so I unplugged it for 10 minutes and it is still beeping.

Randy 43 :

then the board is bad if there are no error codes and it keeps beeping, sorry to say

Customer:

I don't understand what that means that the board is bad....what does that mean? I am a nurse and don't understand about the board....

Randy 43 :

the main circuit board in the front where you push the buttons that is the circuit board ,that controls everything , it looks like that pic i sent previously , when the rear panel is removed ,it mounts into that control panel

Customer:

So what needs to be replaced?

Randy 43 :

Oven Control Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

RepairClinic Item #1017884 (OEM Part)

$259.25

Randy 43 :

Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

this is the part that has the beeping device , if it goes off on its own and no errors then this needs to be replaced

Customer:

I am not sure what is the problem...thank you for your advice.

Randy 43 :

the problem would be that complete board ,like in the picture above

Randy 43 :

that circuit board would need to be replaced