How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason Your Own Question
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  15yrs experience
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Jason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hey brian I have a question for you on fridge evaporator thermostats.

This answer was rated:

hey brian I have a question for you on fridge evaporator thermostats. Maybe you could help me. when evaporators are thawed and there is no cold in site. Is there another positive way to check the t-stat without cold

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.


When checking a bi-metal it has to be frozen. You can get a can of quick freeze spray at you local supply part house to quickly freeze a bi-metal closed for continuity test. If the top is bulged (like a capacitor does), replace it. For thermistors, you have to check the resistance reading to a thermistor chart by the manufacture. Will also need the temp of the thermistor as well. The chart will tell you if bad, or good. You can get charts from manufacture, or pull them up online. I hope this information helps. If so, please give me a good to great rating. If not, please respond back for more information....Thank you

Jason and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you