Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i am getting a suds signal as soon as i start the wash. Even

when I don't put soap...
i am getting a suds signal as soon as i start the wash. Even when I don't put soap in it.
8/2/2013
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model# XXXXX this washer, should be right there when you open the door normally.

it is a maytag front load washer steam cleaner 5000 series. The model number is XXXXX

Are you getting a F35 code with the SUD error

yes

Ok, make sure you are using HE detergent....THIS VERY IMPORTANT. If you are, run the rinse/spin cycle, or drain/spin cycle. If you see suds, then run several time until clear. If no suds, take the top cover of the washer off again. Look at the back right corner, there is the pressure switch, it will have a small tube connected to it. Make sure the tube is not damaged. It good, then unplug/replug the wire harness to the switch. Unplug the washer for 30 seconds, then run another cycle. If the code reappears, replace the pressure switch, part# XXXXX about $89. If this information has assisted you, please give a good to great rating.....Thank you

i am using HE detergent. I get the suds signal on every cycle that I try to run. How do I take the top cover off? I took the bottom off of the front panel.

Couple screws on back of cover, push it back just a bit, then lift off

ok i am doing that now

10/4
How do I take the power switch off just pull it like it was plugged into the wall. Trying not to damage it from my stupidity.

Here is a video to help from you tube. Also make sure the big hose under the tub is clear of debree, and the filter as well. This is behind the lower front panel that you had off before....Thank again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wjhrB-4f20

I blew into the little black hose and it made a gurgling sound. I put it back together and it is working so far. I will go ahead and purchase the pressure switch to be on the safe side. On another note. MY machine is letting out the fabric softener as soon as I turn on the washing machine. I read that it could be a plastic switch that is broke!!!!!! Is that right and if so I will order that part also.

Thanks for your help.

I have not ran into that softener problem you are having before. Try fill the softener bin about 1/2 as much, and see if that works. If not, then you may be correct, if your read other having the same problem. I am really not sure on that one. Thanks again.

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX i go to rate you

Just click on the Smiley face when closing out your question, thanks again
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Jason
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech