Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Frigidaire Dryer LEQ1442ES1 cycles heat

Frigidaire Dryer LEQ1442ES1 cycles heat...

Frigidaire Dryer LEQ1442ES1 cycles heat but doesn't get above 90 degrees (dry vent) ... what the normal operating ohms for Thermistor XXXXXXXXX ? mine drops from 48K to 38K room temp to body heat

Thermistor 1 3 4 5 8 7 7 0 0

8/1/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

It should be 50K at room temp the thermister on this model.. +/- 10%

Have you pulled the error codes from the unit?

no ... how do i do that?

Download the wiring diagram on this page.

Click here
Did you get the error codes yet?

Alright ... gotcha ... both indicator flash 9 times and the

START

indicator light continues 5 more .... if im reading this correctly than i have a code of "9E" wich isn't on the sheet

detail ....

four indicator lights o fDrying, Cool Down, Wrinkle Rid (Press Saver),

andClean Lint Filter flash 9 times (start flashing at the same time as START) then start continues 5 more = 5 + 9 = 14 = E

Moving forward .. i also get these codes

4+6=10 = A = 4A

5+6=11= B = 5B

8+4= 12 = C = 8C

Are you there?

I'm online but working on a priority fridge that's not getting water to the dispenser I know its getting water when called for at the valve

Have you checked the water filter on the unit to make sure it is installed properly or not frozen

the water filter runs before the water valve and I know I'm getting water coming out the valve when asked for by the dispenser on this fancy GE Profile French door fridge... 1 curious thing the indicator light on the control panel asking to reset after water filter has been changed does not go out

Is this a side by side unit?

French door bottom freezer .... You familier w GEs?

A lot of them, but this is going to be a LG model GE, not a true GE, other than the main board, they copied their designs.

there's a quick connect coupler on the top hinge I can blow through through the dispenser ... something's happening between the afters side of the valve to the top of the hinge... Is there something going on behind the ice maker?

I got it... I physically ran a wire down the water supply tube to the valve.. Whatever was in there is gone now

Most likey was a piece of ice in the line...

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Do i need to repost my origanal question for you to get paid? i still need an answer for that Frigidaire 220v dryer w/ all the codes

Mike I will have to look them up again, I forgot all about them till now. I should be online again later this evening..

i'll be back tomorrow than

see you then

any hope for this this dryer?

Give me 5 minutes to pull up my files
Are you testing the temps with the vent hooked up to the outside the home?

Temps are at the back vent w/ no clothes (no vent hose)

The 3 heating errors that you listed, make it seem like a restriction causing the problem. is there a full airflow coming out the back?

yes

Then I would have to say your problem is the high limit TSTAT, that it is opening to soon and not allowing it to heat to full temp, I would replace it, you can click on the blue link below to order it.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician