Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my washer model MVW8400VQ0 WILL NOT GO ON WASH CYCLE IT WILL

Customer Question
my washer model MVW8400VQ0...
my washer model MVW8400VQ0 WILL NOT GO ON WASH CYCLE IT WILL ADD WATER THEN GO TO SPIN AND DRAIN ,IT DID HAVE THE LD CODE UP AND I REMOVE THE DRAIN PUMP AND UNCLOG IT BUT NOW I AM HAVING THIS ISSUE OF NOT WASHING ,CAN YOU DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM FOR ME PLEASE.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2013
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

The LD error does not return?

.

no it does not

Can you reverify the model number? this one soes not show to be valid?

mvw8400 vq,this last digit may be a zero or letter o not sure but this unit is a bravos quiet series 300

THe model number is XXXXXB400vq0 no 8 in the model number. do you know how to put this unit into diagnostics?

no i do not ,can you respond earlier than 15 minutes please ,if my computer sits idle for more than 5 minutes the page will expire and i have to start over thanks

I am going as fast as you respond back, download the tech sheet and pull the error codes and get back to me with them//

Click here for the tech sheet..

Did you get the error codes yet?

hEllo Chas,I was talking to you yesterday about the may tag washer,it went thru the diagnostic fine but had a code f32
Hello anyone there
it ran throughout he diagnostics without problem The F32 is the long drain code, but you fixed that.
Yes I did but it will not go on wash it does everything else
will it allow you to do a rinse cycle?

I will have to double check that I think it did ,but I took the circuit board off right now I will put it back and try ,it seems to me the problem is in the motor or circuit board,I did try to spin the drum and it seems to wanna lock up seems a little hard after half a turn
Does it fill on the wash cycle?
No it does not on the normal cycle it only add a little bit of water about 5seconds then it goes straight to spin,no agitating of clothes
Check to see if the water lines on the back of the machine are clogged where they hook up to the machine..

I'm checking
okay
Everything it's normal so far
Water is coming in for 5 seconds, have you tried different temps, like cold only and hot only?

I am filling cold water as we speak
and it is working on cold wash?
No the same
I give up, I don't know what is going on, I am going to opt out and open this question to other experts, sorry about that...

Ok thanks ,could you sign me on to someone else please
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Okay does the unit actually spin? Can you see the tub spinning?
John, Home Appliance Technician