Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dear Crosley washer Pro .... My Crosley washer MO#CW22B6V

Dear Crosley washer Pro .... My Crosley washer MO#CW22B6V is advertised as 22lb load capacity , latley it's been going off balance quite a bit even w/ 1/2 a load . do these springs wear out ? i would think there would be adjustments to tighten them if this were the case but there are no adjustment mechanisms
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there are 6 springs that help re-adjust the washer tub and you'll need to remove the front panel to determine if any of the springs have broken or what not. If the springs all look in tact, then that won't be the problem. There is a white teflon ring below the transmission frame between the base of the washer and the frame of the transmission that the entire tub assembly glides on. This ring will wear down over time and the tub won't re-adjust properly. The part is only about $8 but it requires a specialty tool to remove the brake which is no longer made I'm afraid. For this reason, you'd need to contact a service repairman and have the part replaced which costs about $150 for the entire repair. Below is a link to the part that I am talking about.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Snubber-Ring/21002026/1055142?modelNumber=CW22B6V

To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the screws coming from the inside of the washer holding on the front panel. Remove these screws and the washer will pull forward and down so that you can visually inspect the springs.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

any chance you have a video? i may have the tool around somewhere

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what do you think of this guy? too dangerous this way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmhSnksdQ8

So possibly this may help? Below is a video of what is required to replace the snubber ring.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thats the same video i sent & inquired about

Ah sorry didn't see that. But yes, you can do it that way just make sure to back the screws out evenly or else they will jam and cause a big problem.