Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

maytag centennial washer will not drain. starts to spin fro

maytag centennial washer will not drain. starts to spin fro one second and then stops
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

Does the unit fill and agitate and does it make any noise at all when it stops spinning?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was washing (full of water and agitating) and then it came to a drain and spin cycle and quit. If I select drain and spin cycle now, it turns on the "sensing" light, just barely starts to spin, then it stops and the sensing light begins to flash until it stops flashing and un-locks lid.
It sounds like the drain pump may be jammed up. You would have to put it into diagnostics.

To do that you need to rotate the dial counter clockwise 2 full revolutions and stop and the 12 oclock position. The slowly click the dial clockwise to the 3 oclock position...back to 2 oclock then to 3 oclock again. All the lights should light up. Let me know when you have done that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry. The machine is at my rental house. I am not there at this time. I had no idea that I would need to do something to help.
That machine is a little complicated, but I believe there may be something jammed in the pump. You should get it into diagnostics, or you can tip the machine against the wall and remove the screws to drop the small transfer pump out and check to see if something is jamming the impeller. That is what you need to do though. All I ask is please rate my help thank you!