Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My kenmore Elite HE5t front loading automatic washer was giving

me a F02 Code and...
My kenmore Elite HE5t front loading automatic washer was giving me a F02 Code and an F70 code so I cleaned out the drain (we have had to do this before when our babies socks get stuck in there) so i unplugged the machine took of the bottom panel and cleaned it out sure enough there was a sock in there. afterwards i plugged the machine back in and now when i press the power button it just beeps twice and thats it. It wont turn on at all. what can i do I have a load in there just sitting and the door wont unlock.
7/30/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon. Okay try this, reach up inside where the door lock assembly is and pull the small ring at the bottom of the latch. it faces down when it the machine. this is the emergency door lock release. . remove your clothes and shut the door, hit cancel drain and it should finish and unlock. while you have the door open get the model number off the tag if you could,

ok I got the clothes out! Smile but it still wont turn on at all it just beeps twice when i hit the power button. Frown I did get he model # XXXXX you though and it is 110.47781 701

I just want to finish my laundry so I can have a happy husband and spend some much needed time with our kiddos Smile

okay I need you to make sure the door is shut then unplug the machine. plug it back in and listen for a slight relay click when you plug it back in. its not loud so make sure its quite when you do it. do you hear a click ?
when your done doing that leave it plugged in and press the pause/cancel button twice.

ok pressed it twice

okay did the machine go off ?

it wont turn on at all. nothing happened.

you pressed power and it wont come on at all ? what about the click when you unplugged it ? did it click ?

yes it clicked but my machine wont turn on at all. when i press the power button it beeps three times really fast and thats it. no lights no nothing.

Okay one more thing, you cleaned the pump trap out and was there any water in it and is there now ?
stand by while I look up the tech info . be back shortly

yes there was a lot of water when i cleaned it out but now there is only 2-3 tablespoons in there.

ok thank you!Smile

Okay reach up and unlock the door one more time then hit power. does it power up ?

the unlocked the first time i did that and it stayed unlocked

no it wont power up Cry

press and hold the end of cycle button in for 5 seconds. Also please wait till I reply I'm reading tech sheets.

I dont have an "end of cycle button" not sure what you mean.

Okay well I've gone over everything and if what I told you didn't work your CCU is not getting the communication form the user interface. that could be a loose connection on either the CCU or the interface,. you need to remove the top of the machine and check the wiring harness. make sure they are plugged it tight, do you think you can do that ?

of course before i was a stay at home mom i was a pipeline welder lol I like building things taking them apart and putting them back together :) if that is not the problem do i need to call my local repair guy???

well the F02 was a drain error but The "F70" fault code indicates a lack of communication between the machine control board and the console assembly. And I wanted to help get you going so bad. sorry Frown we did get the clothes out though so thats good. at this point you will need a repair tech to check this.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

ok I really appreciate all of your help. Thank you so much for telling me how to get the door to unlock so my clothes wouldn't mold and get all stinky! Im sure i will be using that in the future lol. you are awesome!!! Laughing

your very welcome ! good job and thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician