Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model number = MBF 1958XEW1; my serial #: K12182219. Were

Model number = MBF 1958XEW1...
Model number = MBF 1958XEW1; my serial #: K12182219. We're getting water condensation at bottom of unit at right and left sides; we unplugged ice maker-still getting the condensation. Thoughts?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. In the bottom of the freezer is where your getting water? a sheet of ice ?

checking with my wife; she will back in a bit; can I get back to you?

yes just reply and I will receive it.

Yes that is correct; it was a sheet of ice. We vacummed the back coils; defrosted the ice; now about 2 hours later, we have turned the ice maker back on it; we are on an island and it is very humid here.

okay its not the humidity its your defrost drain line thats clogged. you will need to clear it. To do that you need to remove the panel inside the freezer in the back behind your food. take everything out of the freezer and then remove the panel number 11 on this diagram. you will need to take the ice maker out and the air vent on the top number 22 on the diagram , once you have the panel out you will see silver coils. just below them there will be a sheet of ice. under the ice is the drain hole. boil water and pour it over the ice until it all melts and the water drains down the hole freely again. I'll be right back with a link to a drain heater you can install to keep this from happening again.
this is called a drain strap and they are easy to install. Drain Strap 819043 Main Product View heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Strap/819043/726493?RCAID=1000065 its cheap $12.00 and easy to install. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

How do we get top rack out of the freezer? I see recessed screws on either side. Do those have to be undone? Otherwise the top rack appears to be unremovable as the rollers have a permanent stop at the ends.

yes there are screws in the rails (recessed) do you think you can get the back out without taking the side rails out ? some you can some you cant.

No. It appears that the side rails are fluch against the panel that needs to be removed

okay remove the screws and then the rails. once thats done you should be able to get the back panel out. sorry I had an emergency to attend to.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician