Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a TT1 True Kegerator which is making a loud humming

resonance sound beyond the norm...
I have a TT1 True Kegerator which is making a loud humming resonance sound beyond the norm of the compressor sound. If I roll the unit or lift corners the noise subsides. What are your thoughts?
7/30/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..will it make this noise when you have the panel at the rear off ?

Customer:

Yes it does

Customer:

hello?

Randy 43 :

ok thx , if you move it and it stops that is generally a tubing rattle , when the compressor is running and rear panel is off , put your hand on the tubing off the compressor and see if you can isolate which tube is rattling ,if it goes away by laying your hand on it , you can bend that tubing slightly in whatever direction it needs to go to stop the noise , it can also be the drain pan , but if it does it will you have it open then it is easier to isolate

Customer:

It sounds more like the sound is coming from the box fan as I get my ear to it

Customer:

not the compressor fan,but the fan inside the box

Randy 43 :

condenser fan beside the compressor?

Randy 43 :

same thing if you can touch the condenser coils or move it around you can isolate where it comes from

Customer:

there is a fan inside the cooling box

Randy 43 :

or the fan bearings may be worn , unplug the condenser fan while it is running and see if it stops

Customer:

there it is.

Customer:

now to find a new fan

Customer:

do you have parts leads?

Randy 43 :

do you have a model? and this is the fan at the back correct?

Customer:

inside and at the back yes

Customer:

TT1 True kegerator is all I know...is there a serial # XXXXX I need?

Randy 43 :

there should be a model number sticker inside usually around the frame

Customer:

just a sec

Randy 43 :

on the plastic liner inside

Customer:

no plastic inside and no #s either

Randy 43 :

on the outside back maybe ? somewhere on there should be the model/serial sticker

Customer:

nope

Customer:

Prbably behind the rear cover which I just put back on

Randy 43 :

they dont make it that hard to find generally

Customer:

You obviously don't live in my world!

Randy 43 :

is it down on a warranty card or manual anywhere?

Customer:

it's behind the keg hold on

Customer:

cabinet # XXXXX

Randy 43 :

that is coming up as a lawnmower , no letters in that model?

Customer:

got me laughing

Customer:

space between the 1 and the rest

Randy 43 :

is it a frigidaire brand ?

Randy 43 :

do you have the manual ,it may have a partial model number on that

Customer:

1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

true

Customer:

and I just pushed on the galvanized box that the thermo and fan mount to.

Customer:

buzz seems to be gone

Customer:

it comes back,but I think it's there

Randy 43 :

yea , it usually something like that , sheet metal , tubing , fans and compressors vibrate when they run , it doesnt take much to make some noise , just usually a small bend here or there

Randy 43 :

gets rid of it ,or some foam insulating tape

Randy 43 :

works good as well

Randy 43 :

you may not need a fan

Customer:

tape it is. I cant toss it cause that is what holds the fan and thermo

Randy 43 :

foam tape work good to insulate the flimsy sheet metal

Customer:

Our work here is done. Thanks Randy

Customer:

Do I just say bye and the money clicks to you guys?

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician