Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a G.E. model wpgt9350coww washer which shuts down when

I have a G.E. model wpgt9350coww washer which shuts down when it starts to wash. The display diagnostics says that there is a motor problem! Purchased this unit in 2005. Is this washer worth repairing? I can probably repair it myself. Is this motor assembly expensive and is it difficult to replace? I have repaired many major appliances. Any information on if this is the cause of my problem an difficulty I would appreciate.
Thanks Art

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the motor is actually a stator type in this machine. Stator Assembly WH39X10004      Main Product Viewits part number 215 on this diagram. if your handy you could probably replace this yourself , the motor runs around $215.00 heres the part number. WH39X10004