Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

several minutes after turning off the oven the buzzer sounds

and error flashes on the...
several minutes after turning off the oven the buzzer sounds and error flashes on the screen - hitting the clear button does not help?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2013
Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

Repairman1981 :

what is the error code? The easiest way of diagnosing this is with that code

Customer:

?? just says error

Repairman1981 :

err then .... not e45 or similar?

Customer:

no - just err

Repairman1981 :

just a min ... lemme see what that is for frigidaire

Repairman1981 :

do the temps seem fine while cooking?\

Customer:

yes

Repairman1981 :

just a min

Repairman1981 :

er is a keypad error

Repairman1981 :

do you have your model number available/

Customer:

no but is a convection oven too if that helps

Repairman1981 :

I was gonna get you part numbers and all ... some models the board has a built in touchpad some it's separate

Repairman1981 :

Without the model I can't get any part numbers, but the touchpad is your issue

Repairman1981 :

once you get your model number you can call 1-888-464-2853 and they can help you with the part

Repairman1981 :

just ask for the "touchpad"

Customer:

do I need to have it serviced?

Repairman1981 :

if you don't feel comfortable swapping it yourself, but it's pretty easy to change

Repairman1981 :

Most less than 8 screws

Repairman1981 :

Be sure to kill the power

Repairman1981 :

Be sure to swap wire for wire or label them. Mixing a wire up can be dangerous when powered on

Repairman1981 :

But it's not real hard to swap

Customer:

ok thanks where do I find the model number?

Repairman1981 :

usually behind the lower storage drawer on the leg

Repairman1981 :

if you have a warming drawer it will sometimes be around the frame of the oven

Repairman1981 :

But start behind the lower drawer on the leg

Repairman1981 :

some models also printed on the back

Customer:

Model # PGLEF 385ES3

Repairman1981 :

318322901 is the part number

Repairman1981 :

Board is not built onto it, but it should be pretty easy for you to change

Repairman1981 :

It's the whole glass membrane on the front of the control panel,

Customer:

How expensive is it?

Repairman1981 :

I'm showing 277.76

Repairman1981 :

Might be different in Canada ... I'm in the USA

Customer:

OK thanks - good bye

Repairman1981 :

no problem, lemme know if you need any help once you start to put it in. Thanks!

Repairman1981 :

Have a great rest of your weekend

Customer:

will do

Repairman1981
Repairman1981
Repairman1981