Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My "normal" light flashes constantly, but nothing happens.

What can I do?...
My "normal" light flashes constantly, but nothing happens. What can I do?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Is it putting any water into the machine when this happens?

Also can I get the complete model number of the unit?

Yes - there is water on the machine. Model number is XXXXX KUDP01ILBS6

it was purchased new in 2005.

Can you here it washing during those 3 to 5 minutes?

Yes

close the door and press the folling buttons within 6 seconds.

hi temp wash
heated dry
hi temp wash
heated dry.

Does all the lights come on when you do this?

No. Just the normal light flashing

After you unplug the unit for some time, and plug it back in, does it let you change teh cycles first then start blinking the NORMAL light?

No. It doesn't let me change it, but it starts running on the Light cycle before stopping. Then the Normal light starts flashing again.

You have a shorted out keypad on the unit, causing this problem, you will need to replace it, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician