Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Experience:  25 years service experience as a technician. Experienced on both high end and regular appliances.
15929851

I have a frididaire front load washer with a dr error even

I have a frididaire front load washer with a dr error even when the door is closed. How can I fix this?

repairguy :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today on repairing your unit

repairguy :

Can you please supply me with the model number of your unit so I can assist you better?

Customer:

ltf2940ee0

repairguy :

Front load washer?

Customer:

yes

repairguy :

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you start a load?

Customer:

It won't start. When press the button, it thinks for a couple seconds then gives me a "dr" even though the door is closed

repairguy :

It sounds like your door lock has gone bad,

Customer:

yes, how do I fix it?

repairguy :

Do me a favor and unplug the unit for 2 minutes and then plug back in and try one more time for me

Customer:

okay

repairguy :

Let me know if the dr comes back

Customer:

no change

repairguy :

okay give me one second and I will get you the information you are wanting

repairguy :

http://www.automaticappliance.com/lookup/102877/632885 this is link to a picture of the part you need. You need part number 8. The easiest way to replace this is to remove the wire clip holding the front gasket on to the front panel. Once the wire is removed you can pull the boot away from the panel and access the door lock, there are two screws and a couple wire connections. Then just repeat the process in reverse.

repairguy :

I would do a google search for the part number, I like this website to show customers what I am talking about but they are not always the cheapest.

repairguy :

Do you have any questions? If not thank you for using Justanswer.com, please take a moment to rate the quaility of my answers for you today. When you recieve the part, if you have any question on installation or anything come back to this thread and you will not be charged for any repeat questions dealling with this repair.

Customer:

The site you sent me to is very confusing and has no picture of the part I am looking for, just a diagram of the entire washer with arrors and small numbers on it. I have been studying it, but have yet to find the part 8F that you indicated.

Customer:

Okay, I think i found it so basically I have to disassemble the entire washer to get to the part that has to be replaced?

repairguy :

No open the door, the rubber boot, has a wire with a spring attaceched tucked away. look at 6 o'clock postion and you will find spring, remove that spring and then pull boot to the side. That will give you access to the door switch. The two screws are visible when you open the door.