How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom Goellner Your Own Question
Tom Goellner
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1627
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tom Goellner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are remodeling our kitchen and purchased a GE Monogram Hood

This answer was rated:

We are remodeling our kitchen and purchased a GE Monogram Hood ZV48RSF that we have to purchase an 8 inch make up air damper. We tried to purchase a GE brand, but it is back ordered and is holding up our construction. Is there an alternate make up air model we can use?

tom goellner :

There is nothing special about this part that would be unique to the hood . It is a motorized 8 in. round damper. Go to a local heating and air dealer and have them get you one. They're available in 115 volt, 24 volt or even pneumatic to open and close the damper - ask the electrician what he prefers


Thank you!

Tom Goellner and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you